Last year, this festival sold out!
The Space and Science Festival this year is going to be held on Saturday 14th May at Onslow College. It's an event run by the Space & Science Festival Society, a not-for-profit organisation formed entirely by volunteers who are passionate about inspiring the next generation of amazing people growing up in New Zealand. It's designed to be a family experience.
Highlights this year include:
* A visit from Jen Blank, a NASA scientist who works with the Mars Curiosity Rover team.
* Bottle rocket making and launching.
* A robotic telescope to look at the moon, planets and stars.
* Bioluminescent bacteria with Dr Siouxsie Wiles.
* Astrophotography lessons with Mark Gee.
* A big screen for the central quad for science videos (weather permitting).
* Plus lots more science, engineering, technology, maths and space stuff to explore!
Please check out the Space and Science Festival website for more details and tickets.